Skip to main content

A New Perspective.


         'Neglected Fruitbowl' M.Sinnott 2016

I have been meaning to organise myself an exhibition for years.
 It seemed too complicated and remote to contemplate. I remember how much organisation and work it takes to do and it put me off. I have finally  given the idea my serious attention and have organised a
                 
               'Open House' Exhibition from October 28th.November 5th 2016.

I used to be into ceramics but..
It was impractical for me to continue after the birth of my son. Traditional Crafts filled the gap up until the  growth of the Internet and Digital Art became my focus. I have worked since then to improve my Digital Photography skills. The Exhibition therefore will be made up of Photographic Prints and Displays.

I have spent the last six weeks searching my vast library of Photos for favourite pictures in their 'Raw' format.I t's been a bleary, eye straining journey trawling through hard drives. I made numerous mental notes to clean up my filing habits along the way and I now have enough good work to fill two Rooms and the Hallway.

There will be a Room devoted to my Flower Images. I'm going to be trying very hard to avoid it could looking like an annex of Ikea Prints. The main room will be Pictures of London, from an 'East End' viewpoint. Here the 'Picture Postcard' element will be contrasted with my Art Photography. The Hallway will be displaying Portraits of People and Objects. So I now have a stack of printing and mounting to do., which I am looking forward to starting today.

TODAY: I am printing and mount my first exhibit. it's a small print, to test the technique, as will be mounting most of the work onto Board, and sealing them with a protective film. 

If anyone reads this and wishes to see my work, you can view some of my better pictures here: Michelle Sinnott Photography

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mermaid by Xanthe Demiurge.

                           First Instalment of a chilling tale..  CHAPTER 1 'OSLO' People who Sail, like solitude. Some find in the unrelenting Horizon, a tranquility impossible to obtain on Land. Rose was one of those. She and her Sister, grew up Sailing with their Parents and like a lot of Mariners, Rose, was looking forward to the 'O4' Regatta. The O4 or ‘Four Oceans’ Competition, happened every five years and was the largest Prize in the Nautical World. The completion time was open. The Record was held by the Crew of “The Spinnaker’. They took five months, two Days and eleven hours. Entry for the Race was strict. Vessels required to be AIS* & GPS, have at least one Main Sail, be a minimum of 80 foot in length, as well as a qualified Engineer amongst the minimum Crew of Five. Fuel is restricted, as Engines are only for use in an emergency. Many Sailors and Boat Owners enter, hoping their latest equipment will assure them a place. However, a well

Trading in Soul..

Yuletide Greetings 'Deer' 2013 I've had a Busy week of relocating my Printer etc and Printing orders. I've also taken a few Seasonal Photos and uploaded the best to Photocrowd .  'Bauble' 2014 Photography takes a lot of time if you are a 'Gifted Amateur' as I am.  Although I've taken thousands of Photographs, including Studio Shoots, I haven't narrowed my interest sufficiently to master any particular genre of Photography. Instead like a Student, I am developing my understanding of how to slow myself down enough to capture the best picture. The evening  Photography Class  with Rick Cordell,  has taught me how to be more technical in my approach to the Subject. It has expanded my understanding of the world of Photographers, more than anything I've studied using the Internet. Online Tutorials have their place in my development too.YouTube has been the best at providing an education in Editing & Printing and the odd P
Tax Returns I've been too busy with my Tax return to finish any unnecessary work for the past two months. I lost my Mojo in the various mundane tasks that seemed to dominate January, barely picking up a Pen or using my Camera. I managed a few Photos while at the Canal, but need to organise a few Projects before I can get going again. One Project I'm starting next week was inspired by these  Brutalist Tower Blocks  As I live close to Balfron Tower. The other Photographic Project involves views along Canals around St Katharine Docks. I'm also about Half way through designing a Colouring Book and a large Art project to Decorate a Few Walls in my home, all will be revealed in the fullness of time..In the meanwhile onwards & upwards..