Skip to main content

Self administered Arse Kicking Programme



Wilmington East Sussex 2014


Sugar Trials

Writing this blog feels a little like talking to myself, but with Eavesdroppers. It's unlike the casual chat of Facebook and all, as generally one posts with an expectation of friends reading it. Here, it feel oddly like a therapy session or Confessional.. feel free to comment.


Reporting to the Head..

I'm developing a small Printing Business along with making and selling my own Images. I have several ideas to expand my range and get them into shops, all of which will need better time management and a clear Idea of what I need to do.

i'm going to use this blog as a record and evaluation of how things are going, having twice weekly,'Mr,Sugar' moments. 

I feel I need the discipline of recording the days events, with a view to improving my business skills. 
I'm hoping I can use it focus on the daily tasks and improve my work practice. 
At the moment I'm concentrating most of my energy into improving my Photography skills. Initially this was to facilitate better drawings, but has taken on a life of it's own. I don't actually expect to be competing in a professional way anytime soon. I'd need a better Camera and several thousand Pounds worth of equipment to produce the high res, Portraiture etc, that Make up the average Photographers income.
 So I'm  honing those skills by entering Photographic competitions, studying at evening class, and using 'You Tube' tutorials, such as Phlearn,to fine tune my editing skills.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/PhlearnLLC 
The rest of my time is spent on uploading images with a view to selling my work. I do this using a variety of websites. https://www.facebook.com/pg/The.works.of.M.Sinnott/shop/ https://500px.com/mshellike I have a good Printer ie: it has more than four colours and a high print resolution.  http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product/Specifications.do?sku=C11CA86201 
I use it to produce Photo Prints, Cards and more recently a Colouring book.

2015 will be my year to focus on Marketing..
 I work every day producing Artwork of some kind, whether it be a Photograph, Drawing or something in Photoshop, then uploading the finished piece up onto the various websites/Pages, hoping for some feedback or sales. I have become much better at updating my photo Sites this year, but am still very slow at updating my actual Website. I think it's because I don't like it's generic style. I want more bells and whistles of unique design, but I don't have the skills or time. So it gets neglected for long periods, with occasional brief flurries of activity, before another extended period on the 'Back Burner'. 
So before the next year starts, I shall post a weekly work schedule and quarterly objectives, to try and control some of my haphazard working habits, and draw on my organisational skills to sell more Pictures and become more financially secure.
So I've set myself the challenge of two Blog updates a week to start with, as a sort of report on my progress,  such as new developments, highlights, lowlights and action plans. Fingers crossed it doesn't go the way of the Website..

UPDATE: 24.05.17
I still run a small printing business, but failed to keep a daily account of my progress. (It would have interfered too much with my actual process.) I'm still useless at Marketing, but don't make enough, to pay someone else to do it! My Printing Production has diminished over the last 12 months, to the point, that I'm now living in Deficit.(A small Suburb, on the road to Abject Poverty.) 
My artistic focus has now shifted towards 3D & Studio Photography. I am presently busy on my Project: 'Childhood', which involves making some Props and restoring my 1930's built, Childhood Dolls House. I am working towards another show, sometime later this year.
Please visit my  other internet Pages if you are into supporting struggling Artists and
Please leave a comment, to be invited to the London viewing. Thanks.

11.11.2020
Still printing and making Images. I’ve developed an interest in the massive world of miniature things. I’m using macro photography to make 1:12 scale works. Check out my Facebook page for examples..M. Sinnott




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trading in Soul..

Yuletide Greetings 'Deer' 2013 I've had a Busy week of relocating my Printer etc and Printing orders. I've also taken a few Seasonal Photos and uploaded the best to Photocrowd .  'Bauble' 2014 Photography takes a lot of time if you are a 'Gifted Amateur' as I am.  Although I've taken thousands of Photographs, including Studio Shoots, I haven't narrowed my interest sufficiently to master any particular genre of Photography. Instead like a Student, I am developing my understanding of how to slow myself down enough to capture the best picture. The evening  Photography Class  with Rick Cordell,  has taught me how to be more technical in my approach to the Subject. It has expanded my understanding of the world of Photographers, more than anything I've studied using the Internet. Online Tutorials have their place in my development too.YouTube has been the best at providing an education in Editing & Printing and the odd P
70’s Saturday Girl.   MICHELLE SINNOTT· SATURDAY, 11 MARCH 2017 Part 1  I had a Saturday Job from the Age of Fourteen and that wasn’t unusual. It paid for my Horse Riding lessons and a few other things a Teenage Girl needs. My first job was in ‘Jacks’, a independent precursor of Poundland’. It had a very particular smell, like a Hardware store, mixed with Fag Smoke, Incense, Talcum and Mothballs. My job was to replenish and guard these mostly Plastic and Spelter items and assist any customers when needed. it was like working in a Corridor the way they crammed the place full of stuff. With nowhere to rest, it killed the Feet and Back.You got a Mug of Tea on duty, in the morning and afternoon, ½ hour Dinner Break and £1:25 for a Day’s Work. I looked for a new job every lunch time until I got one in ‘Martins’ the Newsagent. To begin with, I worked as one of the Saturday ‘Penny Sweet’ Dispensers. You needed patience for that one. Some girls just couldn’t stand the routine boredom